Saturday 16 January 2010

Welcome to my blog

As the snow finally melted across Cornwall and 2010 ground into action after a much-delayed start, this week brought inspiration from every corner. It started with the idea of a club for readers to give people a chance to get more involved with The Cornishman and ended with a flying visit to London for a journalism conference at which I met some of the most innovative people I've ever come across. And last night, sitting in Mousehole surrounded by a group of the finest creative people I've met down here, with the storm battering against the windows of the Ship, I decided to get blogging.

So, here I am. I've been at The Cornishman for six months now and it's been an incredible journey. The paper has gone from strength to strength and I hope it will only get better over the next year. And for me, becoming part of this community has made me realise there is nowhere else I'd rather be.

This blog will be all about Penzance, The Cornishman and the community, as well as a few snippets about what I get up to on a day to day basis. I'll let you in on a few secrets and hope you will get involved too and let me know what you're up to and what you're talking about.

1 comment: